Saturday, August 21, 2004

whats the motivation?

The purpose of this post is to allow me to preview this blog. Imagine!
The choices of blog names being the one I chose and PunKing (didya get it, didya??!!), you cannot blame me for selecting the former. I believe it was Oscar Wilde who once said that Puns are the lowest form of humour.

I'd have defended it myself but I really do want to preview this blog quickly and lately plagarism has gained more favour with the academics (I have professors who'll vouch for it) so here is a poignant article in the defence of the pun.

http://www.fanac.org/fanzines/Willis_Papers/Defence_Of_The_Pun.html

and some supposedly famous quotes to make this post appear intelligent -

EDGAR ALLEN POE SAID, "The goodness of the true pun is in direct ratio to its intolerability."
SIR HENRY RASKIN SAID, "If a pun is the lowest form of humor, it is therefore the foundation of all wit."

Welcome all ye guinea pigs. Let the experiments begin.
As Warner Bros would say now "Thats all folks!"

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

follow astitva's example, and use haloscan commments (www.haloscan.com).

makes it easier to talk back to you!

-anshul

1:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shashwat, let me tell you your chinese name..HAHAHAHAHA

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one is going to be tough on my poor little brain, and the dilemma will be to say whether it is because of its top-of-the-hill vocab (laconic verbosity eh :P) or my complete ignorance of such 'eminent' personalities as SIR HENRY RASKIN...

Ñamratä

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude... post something on your blog..... have seen nothin on it since the the first post......
Go Tiger!!

10:47 PM  
Blogger Nandini said...

Welcome. :) Prepare to get addicted.

Cheers, man.

4:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Nice self improvement blog you have here.

I am always scrounging around for self improvement related stuff - I have my own self improvement blog too if your interested.

Plus I have self improvement articles on one of my websites too. Drop by if you have time!

Cheers!

4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about Emotional Wellness to complete my work on the subject. Thanks for your thoughts!

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about Personal Achievement to complete my work on the subject. Thanks for your thoughts!

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about Motivation to complete my work on the subject. Thanks for your thoughts!

4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home